- Find a Fertility Doctor or Clinic
- Fertility Health
- Trying to Conceive
- Female Infertility
- Male Infertility
- General or Unexplained Infertility
- Fertility Treatments
- Getting and Paying for Fertility Treatment
- Family Building Options
- LGBT Family Building
- Ask Dr. Fertility
- Fertility Forum
Your Fertility Appointment Today to Start Your Family Tomorrow
You are here
Home » 10 Questions to Ask Your Fertility Doctor
10 Questions to Ask Your Fertility Doctor
Will you be seeing a fertility doctor for the first time? Here's a list of 10 questions you may want to ask him or her.
- What are the possible reasons why we haven’t been able to get pregnant?
- Are there any lifestyle risk factors I should avoid in order to help me in trying to get pregnant?
- What kind of fertility tests do you recommend?
- What kind of fertility treatment should we try first? Does this treatment involve surgery, fertility drugs or both?
- What kind of side effects are there to this fertility treatment?
- In your experience at this fertility clinic, how often does this fertility treatment lead to pregnancy? How often does it lead to live birth?
- What are the risks of multiple pregnancies or multiple births with this fertility treatment?
- How many cycles of this fertility treatment should we try before moving on to another option?
- What is the cost of this fertility treatment?
- What kinds of payment options does your fertility clinic offer?