- Find a Fertility Doctor or Clinic
- Fertility A-Z
- Age and Fertility
- Childfree Living
- Egg Donation
- Embryo Donation
- Fertility Boosters
- Fertility Clinic
- Fertility Doctor
- Fertility Drugs
- Fertility Nurse
- Fertility Preservation
- Fertility Risks
- Fertility Tests
- Fertility Treatment Costs
- Fibroids & Polyps
- Gender Selection
- Genetic Testing
- Getting Pregnant
- High FSH
- Immune System Disorders
- Infertility Support
- Intrauterine Insemination
- LGBT Family Building
- Male Infertility
- Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation
- Ovulation Disorders
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Secondary Infertility
- Sperm Donation
- Surgical Diagnosis/Treatment
- Surrogacy/Gestational Care
- Tubal Reversal
- Unexplained Infertility
- Ask Dr. Fertility
- Fertility Forum
Your Appointment Today
to Start Your Family Tomorrow
You are here
Effective October 2012
Collecting Personal Information
"Personal Information" means any information obtained through your use of our Website which might reasonably be used to specifically identify you and may include your name, address, email and phone number, among other things. If and when we collect Personal Information from you, we do so on a voluntary basis and this enables us to give you access to the registered users portions of our Website which may include features, functions, promotions, products and services not generally available to non-registered users.
When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Information Collected by Third Parties
We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
Collecting Non-Personal Information: "Cookies"
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
Although the term "cookie" commonly is used to refer to a small text file stored on a computer that keeps track of your visits to web sites and/or can contain log-in information so you don’t have to re-enter information each time you visit, we will use the term "cookie" to refer generically to any technology that can recognize, collect or transmit information about your visits to our Website. "Cookie" information typically includes such data as the Internet or web domain that referred you, the type of operating system and browser you are using, the date and time of your visit, information relating to activities on our Websites (e.g., ‘clickstream’ data) and other technical attributes of your visits to our Website. No personally identifiable information is collected by this process and we use the information collected through cookies to analyze trends, administer our Website, track movements on our Website and gather aggregate demographic information about visitors so we can continually improve our Website.
You may stop or restrict cookies on your computer or purge them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences and you should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser for instructions should you wish to do so and in general to determine how best to configure your browser settings to meet your requirements. Note that if you ‘turn off,’ purge or disable cookies, although you may still use our Website, you may not be able to use all of the features, functions or services available on our Website.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our partners, or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, appointments or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Advertisers, Co-Sponsors and Links to Others
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website or take advantage of advertised offers, links or other references, many of which may direct you or your Internet browser to websites or web pages of another party. You should read their privacy statements and the terms and conditions that apply, because we are not responsible for any of the terms or conditions, privacy practices, the content, functions, features, activities or transactions you may engage in when you are not using our Website.
Our Website may contain or display information from sponsors, co-sponsors, advertisers, operational service providers or others that offer to make information, products and services available, provide opportunities to participate in promotions or engage in activities or that link or redirect your browser to other websites, web pages, materials or organizations. We may also use third parties for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring our Website, maintaining and providing internal support for our Website and Content on our Website, to display and serve advertising on our Website, for distributing our online, email, messaged or web-based newsletters and other information. We will refer to these third parties as our "operational service providers." Even if we have a relationship with a third party you may encounter or see on our Website, the advertising, links or references to third parties or any of their websites, including any cookies or other technology they may use, are not under our control and they have their own terms, conditions, policies and practices that apply to you in connection with their websites, including those concerning collection, use and disclosure of your information (including Personal Information).
Disclosure to Third Parties
We always have the right to disclose your Personal Information to our operational service providers that we engage to assist us in connection with our Website or other services we provide. We always request that our operational service providers protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with our Website, nor are they permitted to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
We also currently use an operational service provider to measure our Website traffic and they may also information (but not Personal Information) about your use of our Website to help us improve our Website. If you would like more information about how the operational service provider we use for this service collects and uses this information, please visit: traffic service provider link.
Your Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information
If you register on or with our Website, you are agreeing and consenting to receive information and updates about your use of our Website or our Services for which you register.
- You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by following the unsubscribe procedures on our Website or by following the unsubscribe instructions we will include in each email we send you.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; or initiate other transactions on our website. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
The Internet is a public network of networks, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and FertilityAuthority or others to, through or from our Website, will be free from unauthorized access or interference by third parties such as hackers. By using our Website, you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise. That said, the security of your Personal Information is important to us and when possible we attempt to provide secure transmissions by using encryption software. We have also put in place reasonable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard information and we limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees who need access in order to perform their duties. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
We will provide you with a mechanism to allow and enable you to correct or update the Personal Information in our current records that we have obtained from you. You can always review and change your Personal Information by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Certain Personal Information may not be changed without authentication (e.g., birth date) and you may be asked to provide additional information to allow us to confirm your identity in order to change those. If you ask us to remove your Personal Information, we still reserve the right to retain as much of your Personal Information and for so long as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, internal audit and record-keeping requirements.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
150 East 49th Street
New York, NY 10017