You are here
Infertility Professionals and Patients Honored
September 29, 2010
Infertility industry professionals and infertility patients came out Tuesday night to celebrate their peers at the 13th Annual Night of Hope in New York City. Presented by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and hosted by Alisyn Camerota, co-host of FOX & Friends, the Night of Hope celebrated leaders in advocacy, nursing, innovation and service to the infertility community.
In addition, three companies were recognized for the outstanding infertility and adoption benefits they offer their employees. Additional awards highlighted the honest and brave work of infertility patients who have chosen to share their personal infertility struggles in print, video and online. RESOLVE’s highest honor, the Barbara Eck Founder’s Award, was awarded to Dr. Howard Jones, who, with his late wife Dr, Georgeanna Jones, is considered the pioneer of IVF.
The full list of awardees:
- Barbara Eck Founder’s Award — Dr. Howard W. Jones
- Hope Award for Achievement — The View, Accepted by Sherri Shepherd, View Co-host
- Hope Award for Service — J. Benjamin Younger Office of Public Affairs at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Hope Award for Innovation — Research &Development Team, Church and Dwight Co. Inc.
- Hope Award for Advocacy — Shady Grove Fertility Reproductive Science Center, Lee Rubin Collins, Risa A. Levine, Renee Whitley
- Hope Award for Nursing — Sylvia T. Parrett, RN, MSW, Acacio Fertility Center, Laguna Niguel, CA
- Joanne J. Amato Excellence in Nursing Award — Joanne Libraro, RN, BSN, Division of Reproductive Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Hope Award for Best Blog — A Little Pregnant, Julie Robichaux
- Hope Award for Best Book — Silent Sorority, Pamela Mahoney Tsigdinos
- Hope Award for Best Viral Video — What IF: A Portrait of Infertility, Keiko Zoll
- Family Building Employer of the Year — Robins & Morton
- Family Building Champion Award — Baker & McKenzie, PricewaterhouseCoopers