Find a Clinic Near You And Get Started Today


You are here

Is it Time to See a San Jose Fertility Doctor?

Medical guidelines suggest that women under the age of 35 who have been trying to conceive for one year without success, and women over the age of 35 who have been trying to conceive for one year should see a fertility doctor. If you have experienced primary infertility and are trying to conceive again, or you suspect a problem with your fertility, you should seek a fertility consult without delay.

What Is a Fertility Doctor?

A fertility doctor, or reproductive endocrinologist, is a physician specially trained in reproductive health. They have studied obstetrics and gynecology, but have also completed a fellowship which qualifies them to treat disorders of the reproductive system, including hormonal disorders, ovarian reserve issues, and pregnancy loss. Typically, a fertility doctor will focus their research in one particular diagnosis. Staying up to date in current medical guidelines will qualify them as an expert in that area of infertility.

In order to be considered a board certified reproductive endocrinologist, your fertility doctor also had to pass an oral and written examination.

Finding a Fertility Doctor in San Jose maintains a database of reputable fertility doctors the San Jose area. Our Patient Care Coordinators will gladly match you to the fertility doctor best suited for your needs. You can contact the Patient Care Coordination team by calling by calling 1-855-955-BABY (2229).

Your Consultation with a Fertility Doctor

Before your fertility consultation, compile a list of questions you would like to ask your doctor regarding your diagnosis, treatment, and general questions about clinic operation. You can ensure a smooth and organized consultation by bringing your complete medical history or forwarding your history to the fertility clinic in advance. Your fertility doctor will be better prepared to speak to your specific treatment needs. For a list of ways to prepare for a consultation with your fertility doctor, check out Fertility Authority's Fertility Consultation Check-list.


Add new comment