You are here
A Kosher Certified Prenatal Vitamin
Written in Partnership with Prenate
June 29, 2105
It is recommended that all women of childbearing age take a prenatal vitamin specially formulated to support both mother and baby during pregnancy. Prenate® Star is a prescription prenatal vitamin that provides complete nutrition. What sets it apart from other prenatal vitamins is that it includes 1 mg of folic acid (USP) and 155 mg of calcium formate, a type of calcium which is more readily absorbed by the body than calcium citrate and calcium carbonate.1 And Prenate Star is kosher certified.
The Orthodox Union ( OU) facilitates the observance of the biblical kosher laws and for more than 80 years has set the bar for the highest standard of kosher certification. The OU certified Prenate® Star with kosher status in June 2014.
For a product to be recognized as kosher certified, it must be manufactured under the following strict guidelines:
- An application is submitted to the OU for kosher certification
- A rabbinic field representative is assigned to visit the production facility.
- The rabbinic representative inspects the facility and observes its manufacturing processes to ensure that all aspects of production, including ingredients, meet the requirements of biblical kosher laws.
- After completing the inspection, the rabbinic field representative completes and submits a report on the production process to the OU for review.
- If the OU grants the certification, a contract is created and signed by the manufacturer that outlines OU requirements for kosher certification.
In addition to its kosher certification, Prenate® Star contains 17 essential vitamins and minerals.
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Hanzlik RP, Fowler SC, Fisher DH. Relative bioavailability of calcium from calcium formate, calcium citrate, and calcium carbonate. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005; 313(3):1217-22.