You are here
Memphis, TN, Infertility Support
Many women, men and couples find that infertility support, through a counselor or support group, helps to work through emotions related to infertility. Fear, sadness, anger and anxiety often arise. Frequently couples disagree about when to start fertility treatment, how long to continue fertility treatment, and fertility treatment costs.
Whether therapy is one-on-one with a therapist or counselor, couples therapy, or group therapy, the goals may be the same: to help with decisions related to infertility treatment, to help resolve differences with your partner, and lessen anxiety and concerns related to infertility. Your Memphis fertility clinic may have a therapist on staff or offer support groups.
Choosing an Infertility Therapist
If you’re looking for a therapist, ask for recommendations from your fertility clinic, or friends and family. Schedule a consultation and ask the therapist the following questions:
- What percentage of your practice is counseling fertility patients?
- What type of therapy do you recommend – individual, couple’s or group therapy?
- How many sessions will I attend, how often, and how long are the sessions?
- What do you charge for a session, and do you accept insurance?
- Can you provide me with references?
Online Infertility Support
While there is no substitute for a professional support, online infertility support forums at Fertile Thoughts can be a helpful supplement. It’s a nice opportunity to get advice and support from women who are going through the same experiences you are.