Find a Clinic Near You And Get Started Today


You are here

When to See a Hartford and New Haven Fertility Doctor

If you’ve been struggling trying to conceive, there is no doubt you’ve wondered what your next step should be. When should you see a fertility doctor?

Current guidelines recommend that you see a dedicated fertility specialist if you’ve been trying to conceive without success for one year if you’re under the age of 35, and if you’ve been trying for six months if you’re over the age of 35.

There are over 75,000 people with infertility in the state of Connecticut. But you have plenty of options for care in the state. According to the 2011 Assisted Reproductive Technology Report, there are nine fertility clinics in the state of Connecticut, including two in the Hartford and New Haven County areas: Center for Advanced Reproductive Services and the Yale Fertility Center.

What Is a Fertility Doctor?

A fertility doctor is a physician who has received specialized training in disorders of the reproductive system. So along with diagnosing and treating infertility, he or she can also see patients for hormonal imbalances, recurrent miscarriage, or sexual dysfunction.

Fertility doctors must complete a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology, which lasts two to three years, after they’ve finished their residency in obstetrics and gynecology. They must also pass a written exam in order to be considered a reproductive endocrinologist—the official term for a fertility doctor.

Finding a fertility doctor has an extensive database of all reproductive endocrinologists in the Hartford and New Haven area. Type in your zip code in the “Find a Doctor” or “Find a Clinic” search.

Add new comment