You are here
Cancelled IVF Cycle
A blog by Megan
SwanekJuly 31, 2016
When we flew into Zurich, we had about an hour to make our connecting flight to Prague. We made it to the gate with plenty of time, baby, luggage and stroller in tow and boarded last to minimize her time on the plane. We were belted in and ready to go when it was announced that the plane had been leaking oil and could not be flown until inspected and we would have to deboard. But not just yet, we would have to wait on the plane for 30 minutes until they were "ready" for us. Oh, and there were no other flights for the night.
If my life were a movie, this would have been an overt case of foreshadowing.
The whole reason we were going to the Prague at the beginning of our trip instead of the original 1 week in Vienna, 1 week in Budapest, and 1 week in Prague was to pick up my IVF medication and start the injections, As soon as my cycle started, which it never did.