You are here
World Kindness Week: How Can You Help A Friend Cope With Infertility?
a blog by Claire, November 13, 2012
Did you know November 13th is World Kindness Day? World Kindness Week 2012 is November 13-20th.
A day to put aside your differences, do nice things for others, and maybe not yell at your significant other in a Clomid-induced fit of rage.
World Kindness Day is observed in the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Australia, Nigeria, Singapore, Italy, India and the United Arab Emirates. Here are some random acts of kindness to help a friend cope and ease the pain of infertility, no matter where you are:
- Send a thoughtful email to a friend in the throes of infertility treatment
- Take your significant other to dinner and a movie. Bonus: this gets your mind off of fertility treatment for a while.
- Bake cookies or buy flowers for a friend who recently suffered a miscarriage.
- Make a voucher to give to a good friend with infertility: This voucher is good for one companion to your next morning monitoring appointment.
- Give your partner a box of chocolate with walnuts. Studies show they can improve sperm health.
- Give your partner a massage. Stress isn't good for your health or your fertility.
- Don't forget to be kind to yourself. Take a hot bath, read a book, or listen to music.
All too often, infertility makes us forget the things that used to bring us joy. We become sad, angry, bitter individuals- who could blame us?
Infertility consumes us, but just for this day...just for this week, don't let it.
Come share your ideas for celebrating World Kindness Week at FertileThoughts.com, by clicking here.