You are here
Top 5 Fertility Resolutions for the New Year
a blog by Claire, December 26, 2012
Thinking about trying to conceive in 2013? Consider these resolutions to maximize your baby-making potential:
- Quit smoking – Smoking negatively impacts fertility: ovarian reserve in women and sperm quality in men.
- Modify your diet and exercise – If you’re overweight or underweight, you could be compromising your fertility.
- Limit alcohol intake – Women are often advised to limit drinking while trying to conceive, and stop altogether when undergoing fertility treatment like IVF.
- Go green – More and more studies are citing links between infertility and environmental toxins.
- See a fertility doctor - If you’re 35 or older and have been trying to get pregnant for six months or more, it’s time to consult with an expert.