You are here
Lessons Learned through Infertility
a blog by Melinda Davis, June 1, 2011
It’s OK to ...
- Be scared.
- Give into a guilty pleasure when you’re having a bad day.
- Reevaluate your fertility treatment options and be OK with something you were previously not OK with.
- Take a break from fertility treatment or decide you’ve gone as far as you can go.
- Vent or scream your frustrations when you need to get them out.
- Disagree with your fertility doctor (reproductive endocrinologist), ask questions or choose to change fertility doctors.
- Say no to fertility treatments or just the ones you’re not comfortable with.
- Be honest with God about your fears, frustrations, anger and confusion.
Don’t forget to ...
- Take time for yourself and do something you enjoy.
- Choose the fertility treatment options that are best for you as a couple.
- Let your husband know how each appointment went and what the fertility doctor said, and get your husband's opinion.
- Find something fun you and your husband can do together that gives you both a break from all things fertility.
- Be honest with yourself.
Always remember ...
- You are not alone.
- Life is good.
- You are blessed.
- You are loved.
- No matter how your journey ends ... you will be OK.