You are here
Advice for The Bachelorette: Check His Sperm Count First
a blog by Infertile Naomi, June 8, 2010
The television reality show, The Bachelorette, is back! Here comes hair-blowing-in-the-wind, girl-next-door, Ali Fedotowsky, who is looking for love and marriage amongst 25 eligible bachelors. She will go on extravagant dates and fall madly in love with most bachelors, before making her final choice in that nail-biting, oh-so-dramatic final rose ceremony.
In the first episode, we see Bachelorette Ali talking to her potential suitors, telling them she wants marriage, pregnancy and lots of babies. We can pretty much guess that Ali and her boys are definitely not thinking about infertility during their first meeting. But infertility can be a huge issue in a relationship. Just ask previous Bachelorette, Trista Stutter, who struggled with infertility issues with her bachelor husband, Ryan. Luckily, they now have two little children but I bet she never talked about infertility during her hot air balloon dates!
Ali, not to put a damper on your baby hopes and dreams but here’s what you should probably inquire about when meeting your men . . .
1) Do you love hot tub? (Sorry dudes, hot tubs and excessive heat could lower your sperm count). Maybe the Bachelors could have their steamy love scenes in a luke warm pool instead.
3) Do you wear boxers or briefs? Don’t give a rose to anyone wearing briefs and tighty whities as this type of underwear could lower his count.
4) Have you been injured in the groin area or had a vasectomy?
6) Say goodbye to any guy who smokes or drinks excessively during your dates.
7) Instead of roses, you should hand out of bottles of multivitamins or Vitamin C instead. Maybe some zinc.
8) Do you like to cycle? Excessive biking creates a higher chance of male infertility.
9) Do you have children already and how long did it take you to conceive? If he already has a kid, give him a rose.
10) Are you willing to start trying to conceive on our wedding night?
ABC should probably consider changing the name of the show to, "The Bachelorette, Fertility Factor."
Just a thought.