You are here
This Month in Celebrity Fertility
a blog by Infertile Naomi, February 4, 2010
It’s been a busy fertile month in Celebrityland. Here are some of the highlights!
- First, it was rumored that Jennifer Aniston was pregnant with Gerard Butler's baby. Then, she had a secret affair with Brad Pitt resulting in a pregnancy. Next, we heard she was adopting a baby from Mexico. It looks like all these rumors are definitely not true. The only rumor we can confirm to be true was that Ross and Rachel were definitely on a BREAK.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have confirmed that they are having twins: a boy and a girl. The couple has admitted that they had a "long journey" toward parenthood, making those of use with infertility wonder did this couple use fertility treatments? Even though the couple won’t admit to using fertility treatments, we will know for sure if the babies are named “Hope,” “Faith” or “Youcostmetwentythousanddollars.”
- Singer Weird Al Yankovic wants to emphasize that his family is always his first priority. His 8-year-old daughter, named Weird Nina Yankovic, says her priority is to legally change her name.
- Former star of The Bachelorette, Jesse Csincsak and wife Ann Leuders, welcomed baby boy Noah this week. The baby is scheduled to make a guest appearance during The Bachelor, playing Brad Womack’s and his yet-to-be-revealed fiancee's son.
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban surprised even People Magazine when they announced the arrival of a biological daughter, Faith, born through a surrogate. Nicole, 42, said she didn't want to put her body through another pregnancy and turned to a surrogate instead.
- John Travolta, 56, and Kelly Preston, 48, welcomed baby Benjamin into their household. John and Kelly's combined ages could possibly make them one of the world's oldest parents.
- Earlier this month, actress Natalie Portman revealed that she is pregnant with her first child due later this year. Natalie confirmed that this pregnancy came as a surprise to her, leaving every woman struggling with infertility wondering "how do I get one of these unplanned pregnancies?"
- Kate Hudson and boyfriend, Matthew Bellamy, have announced that she's pregnant with baby No. 2. We're just hoping that Kate gives the baby a real Hollywood name like Grapefruit or Hollandaise-Sauce.
- Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft Strickland is scheduled to give birth in February. At nine months pregnant, she still looks thinner than most women who aren't currently pregnant. Not fair!
- In a recent interview with reality TV show couple, Giuliana and Bill Rancic, they said they will take a break from doing another round of in vitro fertilization (IVF) until Giuliana's body heals from her recent miscarriage. The interviewer then made the lethal infertility mistake by asking the question: "Why don't you just adopt?" Note to interviewer: Not a great question. We're surprised you didn't also tell her to "just relax and it will happen."
- And according to media tabloids, Katie Holmes may or may not be pregnant with baby No. 2. It has also been confirmed that her daughter, Suri, is definitely NOT pregnant.