You are here
2012 Celebrity Fertility Roundup
a blog by Infertile Naomi, December 30, 2012
It’s been a busy year for celebrities, babies and matters of fertility. Here are some of the highlights of 2012.
- Jessica Simpson gave birth to a baby girl (oddly giving her a normal(ish) name, Maxwell Drew Johnson). Jessica became the spokesperson for Weight Watchers and immediately following, announced a second pregnancy! On behalf of the infertility world, how in the world did you get pregnant TWICE in one year? Tell us your secret.
- It finally happened. Will and Kate are expecting their first royal baby. Kate suffers from severe morning sickness and gentleman Will stands by her side. Please don’t confuse Kate and Will with Kate Plus Eight. They are two very different Kates.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez broke-up.
They might be back together but at least they didn’t announce a teenage pregnancy. That’s good news.
- Actress Drew Barrymore welcomed baby daughter, Olive, earlier this year. Her other name choices apparently included Kalamata, Anchovies or little Pickle Barrymore.
- Actor Hugh Jackman
talked about his wife’s fertility struggles on the Katie Couric Show. Hooray for celebrities for openly discuss infertility! We love that!
- Channing Tatum and his equally hot wife, Jenna, are expecting their first child. How gorgeous will this child be? Unfair! Hopefully, the baby has a unibrow or something.
- Megan Fox welcomed baby boy, Noah, this year. Megan lost all her baby weight within seconds of giving birth and is now back to wearing a bikini. Baby Noah is in talks for being the next supermodel baby in 2013.
- Khloe Kardashian and husband, Lamar Odom, are reportedly having trouble getting pregnant. Rumor has it that Khloe has been seeing a fertility specialist to help her conceive. Welcome to the infertility club, Khloe! It’s not a fun place to be.
- Reality couple, Giuliana and Bill Rancic finally get their happily-ever after. After enduring years of fertility treatments, IVF, miscarriage and overcoming breast cancer and surgery, the couple finally welcomed a baby boy via gestational carrier. In August 2012, the couple welcomed their little miracle, baby Edward Duke Rancic. The couple has openly talked about having another baby using the same surrogate.
- Jennifer Aniston isn’t pregnant yet. But according to the media, she should have at least twenty babies by now and a few adopted children.