You are here
What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant: The Complete Guide to All the Technologies for Couples Facing Fertility Problems
The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need to Solve Your Fertility Problems.
Having a baby is the most natural thing we do in life, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. So where do you turn when, after months or even years of trying, you just can’t get pregnant? In What to Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant, world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin, both fertility patients themselves, offer a step-by-step guide to the intricate process of having a baby using the latest in reproductive technologies. They share insider information on all the important issues and offer essential advice to help you:
- Find a fertility doctor in your area and ensure he’s a good match for you
- Understand every available procedure and choose the one that best suits you
- Adopt a healthy "fertile" lifestyle to increase your chances of conception
- Decide if gender selection technologies such as preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and MicroSort will benefit you
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in reproductive medicine, including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and extreme procedures like cytoplasmic transfer and ovarian tissue transplant
- Recognize when it may be time to consider egg or sperm donation, surrogacy, adoption, or other alternatives, and much more.
Complete with stories from couples who have traveled this path and smart advice on handling emotional issues caused by the frustrations of infertility, What to Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant is the only guide you will ever need to navigate the complicated maze of technology and science leading to parenthood and make informed choices about your treatment, family, and future.