You are here
Infertility Pop Quiz
What's your Fertility IQ? Take our quick pop quiz.
- How many people in the United States does infertility affect?
- What is your chance of getting pregnant each month if you are 40 years old?
- True or False? The majority of cases of infertility are because of the woman.
If you know the answers to questions such as these, you have a high fertility IQ — and you are the exception. A recent study conducted by RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association, found that women could answer seven out of 10 fertility questions correctly less than 50 percent of the time. Women most often answered questions incorrectly on how long it takes to get pregnant and about how much fertility declines at various ages.
So how did you do on the pop quiz? Answers below:
- Infertility affects 7.3 million people in the United States. This figure represents 12 percent of women of childbearing age, or 1 in 8 couples.
- If you are 40 years old, your chance of getting pregnant each month is 5 percent.
- False. Approximately one-third of infertility is attributed to the female partner, one-third attributed to the male partner, and one-third is caused by a combination of problems in both partners or is unexplained.