You are here
Five Things You Should Know about National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW)
Sunday is the kick-off for National Infertility Awareness Week 2012 (NIAW), from April 22-28. Are you ready? Here are five things you should know about this important week for the fertility community:
- Founded by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, NIAW is a movement that began in 1989. In 2010, NIAW became a federally recognized health observance.
- The goal of NIAW is to raise awareness and educate the public about infertility and reproductive health.
- The key message for NIAW 2012 is: "Don't Ignore Infertility."
- Wednesday, April 25, is RESOLVE's Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C. This is a very important day in which you can advocate for The Family Act and tell your elected officials why they should defend family-building options.
- Get involved! There are many ways you can do it. Go to an NIAW event. Blog about NIAW and the Don't Ignore Infertility theme. Advocate with your elected officials. Post on Facebook and Twitter about NIAW. Every little bit helps!