You are here
You've Got to Have Heart!
When it comes to the matter of infertility, it turns out that matters of the heart are just as important!
Pregnancy requires a lot of extra blood and a heart that is strong enough to work a little harder during pregnancy is important. Nurturing and taking top care of your heart may also make it easier to conceive naturally. Plus, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, heart disease is the number one killer of women so it’s just good sense to be heart healthy!
Here are some quick ways to care for your heart:
- Get a Physical. When you’re cycling, you’re seeing doctors all of the time anyway so might as well get all of the bells and whistles!
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal has tons of fiber and people who eat a high-fiber diet had a 40 percent lower risk of heart disease!
- Exercise. Yes, I know. I don’t have the energy for it either but if you can sneak it in here and there for just 20 to 30 minutes a day, you’ll heart will thank you for it.
- Eat an apple a day! I’m sure I don’t have to remind you why!
- Whole Grains. People who eat plenty of whole grains tend to be leaner and have a lower risk of heart disease than those who don’t.
- Dark Chocolate. It has antioxidants which your hear loves, but it also just tastes delicious!
- FOR THE LAST TIME, STOP SMOKING! Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know smoking is NOT at all good for your heart. However, and this shouldn’t surprise you but it’s not at all helpful when it comes to your fertility. So seriously – quit now!