You are here
10 Ways to Have Fun at a Baby Shower, Infertile Style
When you’re struggling with infertility, attending a friend’s baby shower can be a difficult experience. But if you still have to go, you might as well have a good time. Right?
Here are our suggestions on how to still enjoy the dreaded baby shower.
- Wear your cutest outfit that makes you look extremely thin.
- Do a drastic haircut and let everyone ooh and aah about how good you look.
- Bring a cake but tell everyone it’s only for you to eat.
- Suggest party games like "Guess the fertility treatment that will make me pregnant" or "Pin the tail on the ovaries."
- Bring your therapist as your guest.
- Ask all the guests to bring a box of pregnancy sticks for a game. (Then, when no one is looking, take them all home with you.)
- Bring your own special spiked drink and loosen up.
- Instead of bringing a gift for the mom-to-be, buy yourself something nice. (Her gift is your presence at the shower).
- Ask your husband to pick you up early and get him to take you to your favorite restaurant.
- Skip the baby shower altogether and go to the spa.