You are here
Five Questions to Ask about Your Fertility after a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
When a young woman receives a breast cancer diagnosis, one of the last things she may be thinking of is her future ability to have children. But it is an important consideration when making treatment decisions; many breast cancer treatments can have a major impact on fertility. If you've been diagnosed with breast cancer and are planning on having children, ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist and ask the following questions of your medical team:
- Will My Cancer Treatment Affect My Fertility?
- Who Do I Talk to about Fertility Preservation?
- What Techniques Are Available to Preserve My Fertility?
- Are Fertility Preservation Methods Successful?
- How Do I Pay for Fertility Preservation?
Read the full article here.