You are here
What LGBT Couples Need to Know About Family Building
Be it intrauterine insemination (IUI) with donor sperm, reciprocal IVF, or egg donation and gestational surrogacy, there are many ways in which same sex couples can have a baby. If you are considering LGBT family building options, you will want to find the fertility clinic or agency and treatment that is right for you.
Fertility Authority and the doctors at Southern California Reproductive Center worked together to answer some of the top questions same sex couples have about assisted reproduction. That list includes:
- How can same sex couples find an LGBT-friendly fertility clinic?
- What can a lesbian couple expect during a fertility consultation?
- What family building options are best for a lesbian couple?
- What can a gay couple expect during a fertility consultation?
- How should a gay couple prepare for egg donation and gestational surrogacy?
- How can transgendered individuals have a baby?
You can find the answers to these questions and more by viewing this article on the Top Questions and Answers for LGBT Family Building.
For support and information on family building for same-sex couples, visit the LGBT family building forum on FertileThoughts.com.
Seeking a sperm donor for your fertility treatment? Watch as Michelle Ottey of Fairfax Cryobank explains how sperm donors are screened:
Click image to play.