You are here
How Can I Tell If an Online Pharmacy Is Fake?
Fertility drugs can be costly, and many patients look for ways they can save money on those much-needed meds. In many cases, they turn to the internet, where online pharmacies promise cheap and safe fertility drugs. But can you believe these claims?
According to the FDA, only three percent of all online pharmacies reviewed by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy were in compliance with U.S. practice standards and laws. So how can you make sure you’re not falling prey to one of the fakes?
Red flags for a fraudulent pharmacy include:
- It allows you to buy your fertility drugs without a prescription.
- The prices or discounts offered are too good to be true.
- The pharmacy sends you spam offers for cheap fertility drugs.
- It tells you the drugs will be shipped from a foreign country.
- It is located outside the U.S., and is not licensed by a state board of pharmacy in the U.S.
To be safe, you want to order fertility drugs from an online pharmacy that meets these guidelines:
Still unsure about the validity of your online pharmacy? Talk to your fertility doctor to see if any other patients have anecdotal experience with that website. You can also survey the community at FertileThoughts.com to see which online pharmacies they recommend. For more information, check out the Fertility Drugs forum or Fertility Coupons, Promotions, and Discounts forum on Fertile Thoughts.