You are here
Five Reasons to See a Fertility Doctor
If you're having trouble getting pregnant, you are probably wondering if it's time to see a doctor who specializes in infertility diagnoses and treatments. Here's a few reasons why you should take that next step.
- Fertility doctors know infertility. Physicians who want to become reproductive endocrinologists must attend a two-to-three year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology, pass a written exam, have a two-year practice experience in reproductive endocrinology, and then pass a three-hour oral exam.
- You'll stop wasting time. If you are under 35 and have been trying to conceive for a year or more, or if you are over 35 and have been trying for six months, or if you have had two or more miscarriages, it is time to see a fertility doctor.
- Your infertility problem may be easy to solve. A fertility work-up will help pinpoint the reason you're not getting pregnant, and your fertility doctor will work with you to map out a fertility treatment plan.
- Being proactive about your health and future baby-making will help you feel more in control. This may help to decrease your stress and worry.
- We can help find the right Fertility Doctor for you! If you'd like to schedule an appointment to see a doctor and discuss your options, please fill out our online form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-855-955-BABY(2229) to connect with one of our Patient Care Advocates today!
As always, please visit the forums at FertileThoughts.com to connect with other women and men going through fertility treatment, surrogacy, adoption, or just starting out on the journey to parenthood. You will get info, advice, and emotional support from people who have been there (including our Patient Care Advocates) and you can do so anonymously!