You are here
Flying with Fertility Drugs
Heading out on vacation? Wondering about how to pack your fertility drugs to get them through airport security?
To best prepare yourself for airline travel with fertility drugs with the least amount of stress, do your research and talk to your pharmacy. And here are a few tips:
- Consult the TSA's website for information on flying with medications.
- Try to keep medications in the original packaging.
- If you are taking medications that must be kept cool, freezer packs or frozen gel packs are allowed.
- Fertility drugs need to be presented to the TSA agents separately from your other items. Explain what everything is prior to the screening of the items.
- Liquid medications are not required to fit in a quart size plastic bag. However you must tell the TSA Officer that you are carrying these liquids.
- Declared liquid medications have to be kept separate from all other property submitted for an x-ray screening.