You are here
Five Questions to Ask about Your Fertility Treatment
Once you and your partner have had a complete fertility evaluation, the fertility doctor will sit down with you to discuss a fertility treatment plan. Your doctor may recommend fertility drugs, surgery and/or assisted reproductive technology such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Listen carefully to what your doctor is telling you, ask questions and take notes.
Sometimes decisions about your fertility treatment are not absolutely clear cut, and you may have to make the decision based on the available information. Here are five questions to ask that may help you make your decisions:
- Based on my specific diagnosis, what are the fertility treatment options available to me?
- What is the treatment option you would most strongly recommend and why?
- How much do each of these recommended treatments cost? Will my insurance cover any portion of the cost?
- What is the live birth rate at your fertility clinic for women my age for each of the treatments being considered?
- Based on my situation and your opinion, how likely do you think it is that I will have success with a particular fertility treatment?