You are here
Celebrity Fertility Roundup
When it comes to conception, celebrities aren’t different from anyone else. They struggle with infertility. They experience the tragic loss of miscarriage. They freeze their eggs. They have babies via surrogacy. Here are some who have shared their fertility news – happy and sad -- this spring and summer.
- Tyra Banks, 41, has had IVF treatment to try and conceive, she tells People magazine this week. She’s staying optimistic despite the fact that she’s not yet been successful.
- Kim Kardashian, 34, is pregnant with baby number two, thanks to IVF. It has been reported that they used gender selection to have a baby boy, but she and her husband, Kanye West, deny it.
- Susan Sarandon’s daughter, actress Eva Amurri Martino, 30, suffered a miscarriage while pregnant with her second child, and openly shared the experience on social media.
- Mark Zuckerberg, 31, and his wife Priscilla Chan, 30, are expecting a baby girl following three miscarriages.
- Singer Sophie B. Hawkins, 50, had her second child, a daughter named Esther Ballantine, in July. She froze her eggs when she was 31.
- Natalie Joos, casting agent, stylist, author & photographer, recently froze her eggs in her late 30s. After three retrievals she has 11 frozen eggs and blogged that she is more relaxed and confident as a result.
- Blogger Perez Hilton’s second child, a daughter Mia Alma, was born via a surrogate in May. At 37, he is a single father of two.
- Actress Lucy Liu, 46, welcomed son Rockwell Lloyd, born via a surrogate this August.