You are here
How to Chart Your Basal Body Temperature (BBT)
Taking your basal body temperature (BBT) each day is a great way to chart your own fertility. Here’s how to chart properly:
- Start taking your BBT the first day of your period.
- Take your BBT first thing in the morning, preferably at the same time each day. Leave the thermometer beside your bed for easy access and do not eat or drink before taking your temperature.
- Record your temperature on a graph or chart. After a couple of months, you will start to notice an ovulation pattern on the graph.
- Don’t forget to get busy! Have sex before and during your peak ovulation period.
- A rise in temperature may mean you have ovulated, while a drop in temperature may mean your period is on its way.
- If your temperature remains high, it could indicate a pregnancy (but confirm this with a blood test just to be sure).
To learn more about charting your basal body temperature, check out this article on FertilityAuthority.com:
How Do I Know When I'm Ovulating?