You are here
Celebrity Fertility Recap of 2012
Despite their perfect physiques, glistening skin, and million dollar wardrobes, celebrities are people too. That means they are just as likely as the rest of us to be the 1 in 8 diagnosed with infertility (though they probably can afford infertility treatment more readily and make it look like pregnancy at 40 is easy.)
Here is a recap of some famous infertility, fertility, and pregnancy stories from 2012:
- Prince William and Duchess Kate are finally expecting after rumored fertility treatments, pregnancy loss, and being gravely ill with hyperemesis gravidarum. Now the media can leave that poor girl’s uterus alone…oh who are we kidding? The world can’t wait to meet the royal addition.
- Les Miserables star Hugh Jackman talked infertility in an interview with Katie Couric. Jackman openly admitted to wife Deborra-Lee Furness’ pregnancy loss, fertility struggles, and the joys of parenting through adoption.
- Khloe Kardashian consulted a fertility doctor and discovered she has an ovulation disorder. The visit was captured on an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Rumors then circulated that Kardashian and husband Lamar Odom put fertility treatments on hold to allow Khloe to host the X-Factor, but some tabloids suggested impending separation was the reason for putting family building on the back burner. Hoping 2013 is your year, Khloe!
- Kim Kardashian underwent egg freezing for fertility preservation earlier this year. Just this week, Kardashian and baby daddy Kanye West announced they are expecting their first child together. That is bound to be one well-dressed baby...let's all forget about the kilt Kanye wore to the Sandy Relief Benefit Concert.
- Everyone’s most admired celebrity face of infertility, Giuliana Rancic, and her husband Bill welcomed Edward Duke Rancic via gestational surrogate for a happy ending to a heartbreaking fertility journey and cancer diagnosis.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed little Blu Ivy Carter in January of 2012 after experiencing pregnancy loss.
- Jessica Simpson, the epitome of fertility, gave birth to daughter Maxwell in May of 2012 at age 31 and announced just in time for New Year’s Eve that she is pregnant once more. Uma Thurman gave birth to her third child at age 41. Drew Barrymore welcomed a daughter at age 37. There must be something in the water in Hollywood.
Wishing good vibes for pregnancy and parenting in 2013!