You are here
Join the Movement for National Infertility Awareness Week
National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) is fast approaching: April 21-27, 2013. Whether you are public about your infertility struggles or keeping things hush hush, you can show your support for the infertility community. Since 1989, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association has organized awareness efforts around NIAW and features a new theme each year. This year’s theme? Join the Movement.
Here are five ways (public and private) that you can join in:
- Spread the word on social media. Update your status to reflect fertility facts and questions each day of NIAW. Don’t forget to add FertilityAuthority on Facebook and Twitter @fertilityauthor. You can also find and follow Fertility Authority on Pinterest.
- Blog. You can introduce infertility themes, topics, and dispel myths about infertility. Check out Fertility Authority's blogroll for inspiration!
- Sign up for FertileThoughts.com. You can exchange stories and advice with women and men who have walked in your shoes through the infertility journey.
- Start a Peer Led Support Group. You can reach out to RESOLVE for information on starting a Peer Led Support Group in your area and give back to the infertility community. Not ready to lead a group, attend a group in your area instead!
- Educate your friends. By hosting an infertility trivia party or infertility night out, you can raise awareness and help your friends support you!