You are here
Nine Tips to Get You to Nine Months
Here are nine tips to boost your fertility and get you ready for baby!
- Schedule an Ob/Gyn or fertility doctor visit. Getting yourself (and your partner) checked out will help you determine if you have any fertility issues and what you should do about it. Remember, if you are over 35 and trying to conceive for six months or under 35 and trying for one year, it is time to talk to a fertility doctor.
- Take a multivitamin with folic acid. Doctors recommended taking a folic acid vitamin before you become pregnant.
- Get fit. Get fit to get fertile and lose that excess weight.
- Stop smoking and any other bad habits that present a fertility risk.
- Eat a balanced diet. Reduce the amount of sugar and caffeine you consume in order to adopt a healthy eating pattern before you’re pregnant.
- Be careful of lubricant. Make sure your lubricant is sperm-friendly to help his swimmers get to their destination.
- Know when you ovulate. Many women do not even know when ovulation occurs. Invest in an ovulation prediction kit (OPK) which can be purchased over the counter.
- Reduce stress.
- And get a good night’s sleep! Your body needs eight hours of sleep a night, so let it rest!