You are here
Resolve to Know More: National Infertility Awareness Week 2014
April 20-26, 2014 is National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) and there is still time for you to help the cause. Each year, since 1989, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association has organized efforts around a central theme to raise awareness about infertility. This year’s theme is “Resolve to Know More”.
Here’s how you can help spread the word about Infertility Awareness:
- Educate. Post a Facebook status update or Tweet about when to seek a fertility evaluation. “If you are under the age of 35 and trying to conceive for one year or over the age of 35 and trying for six months, it may be time to talk to a fertility specialist.” #NIAW @fertilityauthor @resolveorg.
- Advocate. Make plans to attend Advocacy Day on May 7th in Washington, DC. Help our lawmakers understand the need for insurance coverage and laws favoring assisted reproduction or adoption.
- Support. Provide support to someone struggling to conceive by referring them to anonymous outlets like the infertility forums at FertileThoughts.com.
- Help. Volunteer to start a Peer Led Support Group or become a professional member of RESOLVE. (Bonus: April is National Volunteer Month!)
- Share. Start a blog to share your journey. Your anecdotal experience may encourage someone to seek a fertility evaluation sooner or ask a question they might not have asked otherwise. Interested in being featured as the Fertile Thoughts Blogger of the Month? Email email@example.com! You can also check out FertilityAuthority.com’s Resolve to Know More blog series.
- Encourage. Last but not least, encourage a friend struggling with infertility to find a fertility doctor or get a second opinion. Have them contact our Patient Care Advocates at 855-955-BABY (2229) or email firstname.lastname@example.org!