You are here
Stress and Infertility
April is Stress Awareness Month and we all know that infertility can be very stressful. Here are five tips and tricks for managing infertility stress, reconnecting with your partner, and focusing on YOU:
- Breathe in, breathe out. Focusing on your breathing is a simple trick to instantly help you relieve stress and relax. It can be done anywhere- even on your drive to the fertility clinic, so it is one of the most practical techniques.
- Picture yourself on a beach. Guided imagery helps you to not only focus on your breathing and imagine your favorite place, but also helps you take in the sights, sounds, and feelings of that experience. Close your eyes, imagine yourself in the warm sun with the soft sand between your toes. It might take you away from your fertility struggle for a few minutes.
- Lace up your sneakers. Exercise is great for helping you feel better physically and emotionally. As a bonus, you can take a walk with your partner and catch up on the little things you may be missing because of fertility treatment.
- Find support. Visit FertileThoughts.com to chat with other women and men who are coping with infertility. Find an infertility support group in your area or talk with a therapist.
- Treat yourself. We tend to put our personal needs on the back burner during fertility treatment. Take a day to pamper yourself. Buy a new book, go to the spa, get a pedicure. You deserve it!
For more ways you can manage the stress of infertility, check out these articles on FertilityAuthority.com:
April is Stress Awareness Month
Putting Life on Hold During Fertility Treatment
Managing Infertility Stress