You are here
Your Reproductive Health Is Important, But How's Your Heart?
We know you're focused on your reproductive plumbing, but have you given any thought to your ticker lately?
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, heart disease is the number one killer of women!
Here are six tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Exercise! You know the drill, aerobic exercise for at least thirty minutes, three times a week.
- Eat an apple (or other fresh fruit) every day for every meal. Vegetables, too.
- Think whole grains! Brown rice instead of white. Whole wheat bread instead of sourdough.
- If reading about smoking and fertility doesn't already have you convinced, understand that the very best thing you can do for your whole body health is put down the cigarettes.
- Chocolate? Why not? But make it dark for the antioxidants!
- Finally, we know you might be sick of doctors' visits but you still need to see your regular doctor (even when you're taking repeated trips to your RE). Make sure to schedule your physical if it's fallen off your radar!