Your Fertility Appointment Today to Start Your Family Tomorrow


You are here

Former TV Chef Pleads Not Guilty to Trying to Have Wife Killed

by Andrew Blankstein, Richard Winton and Sam Quinones,  Los Angeles Times,  May 18, 2010
fertility news.jpg

Authorities investigating a former TV chef who allegedly tried to have his wife killed are looking into reports that the couple had fertility problems and that the man planned to take his own life after his wife was slain, sources close to the investigation said.

Juan-Carlos Cruz, the cookbook author and onetime Food Network personality, was charged Monday with attempted murder and solicitation to commit murder. Prosecutors say he solicited homeless men in Santa Monica to kill his wife.

Prosecutors did not reveal a possible motive for the alleged murder-for-hire scheme. But the sources, who spoke to The Times on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said that the couple had been struggling with fertility issues for some time and that investigators have heard reports that Cruz wanted to kill his wife, Los Angeles attorney Jennifer Campbell, before taking his own life.
Read more.


Add new comment

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.