You are here
Fertility Clinic Checklist
Choosing a fertility clinic is an important decision, and there are many factors that come into play. After researching fertility clinics’ success rates and treatment offerings, you may want to supplement your knowledge by asking the fertility clinic some questions.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Fertility Clinic
Asking administration at the fertility clinics some questions can give you a better understanding of the practice, along with more knowledge on what to expect from the process. You may want to consider asking some of the following questions:
- How long has the fertility clinic been in operation?
- What procedures do you offer, and how often do you perform them?
- Do you have any age limits on fertility treatments?
- How many embryos are implanted during an IVF cycle? And who decides the number—the patient or the fertility doctor?
- How many IVF cycles per year do you do?
- Is your fertility clinic a member of SART?
- What kind of infertility support is available?
- What insurance plans do you accept?
- What kind of financing plans are available?
- Will I see the same fertility doctor throughout the course of my fertility treatment?
- Are the fertility doctors on staff board-certified reproductive endocrinologists?
- How can I contact the doctor or the fertility clinic during my treatment if I have a question?