Find a Clinic Near You And Get Started Today


You are here

Choosing a Fertility Doctor

If you are under 35 and have been trying to get pregnant for one year, or if you are 35 or older and have been trying to get pregnant for six months, you should see a doctor who specializes in infertility — a reproductive endocrinologist (RE).

There are several tools and resources to help you find a fertility doctor:

  • Contact a FertilityAuthority Patient Care Coordinator online or at (855) 955-2229
  • Ask your Ob/Gyn for a recommendation.
  • Ask a friend or relative who has had fertility treatment for a recommendation.

Fertility doctors and fertility clinics are not one size fits all. You may want to meet with and talk to more than one doctor to find one who is right for you. Common questions you may want to ask your fertility doctor:

  • What insurance plans do you take?
  • How long have you been treating infertility?
  • How will you diagnose my problem? What tests will be included?
  • What types of fertility treatments do you do? (IUI, IVF, donor egg, etc.)
  • What might my treatment plan look like?
  • Are tests and treatments conducted at the fertility center?
  • Are you affiliated with a hospital?

Comments (1)

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.